Pasta, Raw, Ready to eat, Salads, Sashimi Grade, sauce, Sauce Stock, Sushi, Grilled
|How to Store|
Air Flown Fresh Aji / Horse Mackerel Whole ~ 200g x 2
▼Fresh Horse Mackerel / Aji Guidence▼
*PLEASE TAKE NOTE*
Sold by 2 pieces. Sashimi grade
Our Air Flown Fresh Horse Mackerel / Aji is flown in upon request. This is to ensure that you get the freshest quality.
Order by the end of Thursday for delivery on Tuesday in the following week or,
Order by the end of Sunday for delivery on Friday in the same week.
We do not deliver on Public Holiday.
**PLEASE READ OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS**
Aji can be seen at supermarkets and fish markets all year round. Aji is often enjoyed as sashimi from early summer to mid-summer.
Aji can be divided into two major categories. There are in-shore aji which stay within the inner bays, and the pelagic aji which swim in the open ocean.
Aji with slightly yellowish body colors are in-shore aji. These types are thick and fatty fish. Meanwhile, the darker-colored aji are those which have been swimming at the outer oceans.
These aji are muscular and less fatty.
Around spawning time, the reproductive organs of both male and female aji receive more nutrients from the body, meaning that aji during this period is not as tasty.
For this reason, for most aji living in the shoals, the summer period when they are not spawning could be said to be their ‘in-season’ time.”
Aji can either be served raw or cured with salt and vinegar.
It is usually garnished with wasabi, ginger, and scallions to bring out the flavors of the fish.
Most of the skin is removed during preparation, leaving a pinkish, appealing flesh.
One of the lighter hikarimono fish, aji’s taste is delicate and sweet yet flavorful. It pairs especially well with akasu flavored sushi-meshi.
- Air Flown Fresh from Japan
- Sashimi Grade
- Size will be around 200g
- MOQ is 2pcs
- Wild Catching Fish
- Whole Fish
- Not Gutted, Not scale Off
- Weight indicated is the minimum what you will receive
Aji Nanbanzuke / 鯵の南蛮漬け
– Ingredients –
2 Saba (mackerel) fillets
2 Tbsp Katakuriko (potato starch)
1/2 medium onion
2″ medium carrot
2 green onions
1/2 cup Rice Vinegar
1/2 cup Dashi
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Mirin
1 Tbsp Sake
1-2 chili pods
– Instructions –
- Liberally sprinkle salt over fish, and leave for 15 minutes. Remove any moisture from the fish with a paper towel. Cut fillets into 5-6 pieces each and coat lightly in Katakuriko.
- Slice onion very thinly. Cut carrot into thin matchsticks. Slice green onions thinly and diagonally. Put all the vegetables together in a glass dish or other heat-proof medium-deep container.
- In a pot, mix rice vinegar, Dashi, sugar, Soy Sauce, Mirin, Sake, and chili pods. Cook to a boil and remove from heat. Pour the hot sauce over vegetables.
- Deep fry the fish at 350F (180C) for 3-5 minutes. Immediately add to the vinegar sauce, and coat with the sauce.
Be the first to review “Air Flown Fresh Aji / Horse Mackerel Whole ~ 200g x 2”
You must be logged in to post a review.
There are no reviews yet.