|How to Store|
Air Flown Fresh Langoustine / Scampi Whole ~1kg
▼Air-Flown Fresh Langoustine / Scampi Guidelines▼
*PLEASE TAKE NOTE*
Sold by Weight. Approx 6pcs/kg
Our Air Flown Fresh Langoustine / Scampi is flown in upon request. This is to ensure that you get the freshest quality.
Order by Tuesday for delivery on Monday in the following week or,
Order by Saturday for delivery on Friday in the same week.
We do not deliver on Public Holiday.
Langoustine is also known as Scampi,Norway Lobster or Dublin Bay Prawns.
Averaging about eight inches long, they look basically identical to lobsters, but they’re skinnier and generally a lighter shade of pink.
Fished from the silty bottom of the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea,
they’re usually prepared by removing the meat from the shell and sautéing it, lightly poaching the whole thing in court-bouillon,
or by slicing the entire langoustine in half and cooking it quickly cut-side-down on a hot grill.
- Air Flown Fresh
- From Scotland
- Size Range 140g-250g
- Sold by weight (Approx 6pcs/kg)
- Whole Shell On
- Langoustines need roasting or boiled in well-salted water before being pulled from their shells.
- They are delicious served with just a squeeze of lemon and a dollop of mayonnaise, garlic butter or aïoli, but can also be added to curry, pasta and paella.
- Alternatively, deep-fry them in batter, or peel and poach them and make traditional Scampi Provençal.
- Pre-boiled langoustines should be reheated gently; don’t re-cook them or they’ll toughen.
- Alternatively, eat pre-boiled langoustines cold in a salad with a vinegar dressing