|How to Store|
Air Flown Fresh Madai Fillet ~ 真鯛 / Red Sea Bream
▼Fresh Red Sea Bream Madai Guidence▼
*PLEASE TAKE NOTE*
Sashimi Grade / Weight will be between 400g+. Sold by piece.
Our Air Flown Fresh Red Sea bream Madai Fillet is flown in upon request. This is to ensure that you get the freshest quality.
Order by the end of Monday for delivery on Friday in the same week.
We do not deliver on Public Holiday.
Product images are for illustrative purposes only.
Actual products may be differ in size due to cutting.
Red Sea bream and red snapper look similar, but when they served as sushi or sashimi, their texture and flavours are entirely different.
There is no “Zatsumi”(overpowering bitterness) and it has a slight sweetness to it.
The taste of Tai, known as the king of the white fish!
Red Sea Bream / Madai Facts
Texture: Firm and Flakey
Taste: Clean and light
Madai is called “the King of Fish” and is well-known to the Japanese who eat a large volume of fish.
Tai (sea bream) has long been used in celebrations in Japan to bring in good luck, which is associated with its vivid red color and beautiful shape.
Its status as a celebration fish is also supported by the fact that the word “Tai” rhymes with the expression medetai (happy).
This prized fish is low in fat, high in protein and easy to digest. In terms of nutritional components, it has umami taste and amino acids including glutamine acid which is abundant in Madai and contribute to its great taste.
It contains high levels of taurine, which lowers blood cholesterol.
- Air Flown Fresh
- Sashimi Grade
- Weight will be between 300-400g. Sold by fillet.
- Farmed in Japan
- Fillet Skin On
- Scale Off
- Weight indicated is the minimum what you will receive
Red Seabream Carpaccio
- Slice the Red sea bream sashimi diagonally. Mix all ingredients in advance and make a dressing.
- Shred the lettuce and cut the mizuna in about 3 cm lengths. Slice the onion thinly with the grain. Keep some Mesclun for garnishing.
- Keep the vegetables in cold water until eating. Drain the vegetables well and spread flatly on a plate.
- Line the sea bream on and garnish with the Mesclun, then pour the dressing over.
- You can enjoy this just with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper if you like. It will look cute if you garnish some pink pepper on too.