|How to Store|
From SGD $10.50
A sustainably sourced produce, clean tasting, white-flesh fish.
Barramundi is a lean, protein and Omega-3 rich species that is perfect for any occasion.
We maintain a temperature controlled cold chain to ensure our products maintain product quality from time of manufacture to your doorstep.
Product images are for illustrative purposes only.
Actual products may be differ in size due to cutting.
Our farmed raised Barramundi are placed in low density net pens located in the clean waters of Malaysia.
Strong ocean currents and ample space allow the fishes to swim freely within the pen, greatly enhancing their physical condition and flavor of the fish.
When farmed, this method produces a bigger fillet size, resulting in a thicker, juicier portion, that also allows for great portion control.
The high levels of Omega -3 ensure moisture throughout the flesh even after being cooked, and when pan-sautéed or grilled, the skin-on fillet crisps beautifully for added texture.
Barramundi is prized for its sweet, buttery taste and delicate texture.
- Fillet contains less or no bones
- All cuts come with skin on
- Weight includes bones
- Weight indicated is the minimum what you will receive
How To Defrost Barramundi
To safely thaw frozen fish, place the fish in the refrigerator overnight so it can thaw out gradually. This is the best way to preserve the fish’s flavor and texture.
Skin Is Tasty!
So when you’re cooking Barramundi, keep that skin on.It provides a safety layer between your fish’s flesh and a hot pan or grill.
For Barramundi to be pan seared correctly:
- First heat your frying pan over medium heat for about four minutes.
Massage the fillet with olive oil, then place it in the hot frying pan.
- Raise the temperature to high heat and cook for three minutes.
- Raising the temperature of the pan creates a crispy sear on the outside of the fish, while keeping the inside delicately tender.
- While the fish is cooking, season with salt and pepper.
- Flip the fillet and cook for an additional three minutes, then remove it from the pan and serve with a fresh lemon wedge.