|How to Store|
Black Tiger Shrimps
From SGD $21.00
Black Tiger Shrimp has a firm texture and a somewhat sweet flavour.
When Black Tiger shrimp is cooked, meat turns white and their black stripes turn bright red.
We maintain a temperature controlled cold chain to ensure our products maintain product quality from time of manufacture to your doorstep.
Black tiger shrimp have a mild, almost bland flavor compared to the pronounced taste of ocean-harvested Gulf shrimp.
Cooked tiger meat is also softer than that of other shrimp species.
Tiger shrimps have gray to black stripes on gray or bluish shells and associated stripes on the peeled meat.
The cooked shell turns bright red.
The white flesh is tinged with orange if cooked peeled and red if cooked in the shell.
Meat should be slightly resilient and moist.
Improper storage temperatures, refreezing or extended frozen storage can turn shrimp tough, dry and fibrous.
- Weight indicated is the minimum what you will receive
How To Defrost Shrimps
- To safely thaw Shrimps, place the Shrimps in the refrigerator overnight so it can thaw out gradually.
- This is the best way to preserve the Shrimps flavor and texture.
Keep it Simple
- To sauté any tiger prawns recipe with shell on, cook over high heat, with a bit of butter or olive oil.
- You can add other ingredients such as garlic for additional flavor.
- To ensure the prawns cook evenly, spread them out in a single layer on the pan. Sear for one to two minutes