|How to Store|
From SGD $5.50
Blue mussels have a distinctive rich, sweet taste, like a blend of oysters and clams.
We maintain a temperature controlled cold chain to ensure our products maintain product quality from time of manufacture to your doorstep.
Mussels should look and smell fresh and have tightly closed shells.
Mussel meats, which range from white to orange, are plump and tender, but less soft than clams
- Weight indicated is the minimum what you will receive
How To Defrost Mussels
To safely thaw mussels, place the mussels in the refrigerator overnight so it can thaw out gradually.
This is the best way to preserve the mussels flavor and texture.
Cooking Mussels with No Shell
- Frozen mussels no longer in the shell may not require as much work as those still in the shell.
- These frozen mussels have already been cooked and cleaned, and you may not need to cook them at all.
- Simply defrost in your kitchen sink under cold running water or in your refrigerator overnight and then add to your dish.
Cooking Mussels with Shell
- Steam frozen mussels still in the shell for three or four minutes in a covered saucepan over medium-high heat with butter, garlic, and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, then reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes longer.
- The shells should open; discard any that remain closed.