|How to Store|
Dover Sole – Whole Fish Gutted ~ 250g
The flavor of the Dover Sole is mild and sweet, elusive and enticingly different from more mundane white fish species.
We maintain a temperature controlled cold chain to ensure our products maintain product quality from time of manufacture to your doorstep.
Dover sole is non-oily, shallow water fish and is one of the lowest calorie flatfish.
100 g holds just 70 calories in comparison to 91 calories in halibut.
It is one of the finest sources of essential fatty acids, protein, minerals and fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin A, E and D.
- Fillet contains less or no bones
- All cuts come with skin on
- Weight includes bones
- Weight indicated is the minimum what you will receive
How To Defrost Dover Sole
To safely thaw frozen fish, place the fish in the refrigerator overnight so it can thaw out gradually. This is the best way to preserve the fish’s flavor and texture.
- Place fillets on the baking dish, brush with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with lemon slices and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake until it’s just opaque and flesh flakes when cut into with a fork, about 10-15 minutes
The raw flesh is glistening white and remains a pure white color when cooked. Be careful not to over cook as it will become dry and will shrivel and curl.