|How to Store|
Frozen Scallop Japan L Size Sashimi Grade – Senrei ~500g
Sashimi Grade Scallop.
Scallops can be eaten raw as sashimi or sushi, or it may be cooked for use in various dishes.
CAS* freezing process make it possible to storage the products for long time without loosing any excellent taste and flavor of high quality of seafood harvested in Sanriku-Onagawa area.
The facility combining a CAS machine and a tunnel freezer, which Senrei was the first company to install in the world, has enabled the mass-production of high quality products, “CAS FRESH”.
*Cells Alive System
The report of comparative analysis conducted by the Taste & Aroma Strategic Research Institute
According to the analysis conducted by the Taste & Aroma Strategic Research Institute, which is an consulting organization analyzing and digitizing palate,
generally, the CAS frozen scallops have a rich flavor than the regular frozen scallops.
This might be happened that because the CAS freezing process minimizes cell damage, therefore the scallops frozen with CAS would not loose not only umami flavor, but also other components.
“Senrei CAS FRESH Scallops” are well accepted with their high quality by sushi restaurants, upgrade hotels, and other foodservice operators in Japan and overseas.
Comments from the Chefs
“I think that many chefs are using CAS frozen materials, because their taste and quality are great and we could unify taste and quality of menus we serve.”
“I have used the frozen fish imported from France using the similar technology of CAS freezing in the past.
Comparing Senrei CAS FRESH products with them, CAS FRESH products are much better even I could see the improvement of technology.”
“The restaurant, like us, needs to keep some inventories of food materials to enable to serve to a large number of the customers in case, and CAS FRESH products are suitable for it. ”
“The quality of CAS FRESH is the one of best, so we can serve menus to the customers with a confidence. ”
“The double tray packages is good because we could separate them.” “I think CAS FRESH products are perfectly suited to today’s needs.”
- Ready-to-use products after thawing which save the preparation time and efforts.
- Offering the delicacies of the season throughout the year.
How To Defrost Frozen Scallop
Regardless of the cooking method you choose, follow a few general tips when working with scallops:
- Thaw scallops, if frozen. You can thaw them several hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Do not thaw scallops at room temperature.
- Rinse scallops and pat them dry with paper towels before cooking.
- If scallops have too much moisture on the outside, they won’t brown properly.
- Cut large scallops in half to ensure even cooking.
- Minutes count! Cook scallops just until they are opaque; otherwise they can get tough quickly.
- If you’re not using a recipe and need to know how long to cook scallops, use the opaque cue. If scallops are opaque they are done.