|How to Store|
Langoustine / Scampi
From SGD $51.00
Langoustine is also known as Scampi,Norway Lobster or Dublin Bay Prawns.
Averaging about eight inches long, they look basically identical to lobsters, but they’re skinnier and generally a lighter shade of pink.
We maintain a temperature controlled cold chain to ensure our products maintain product quality from time of manufacture to your doorstep.
Fished from the silty bottom of the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea, they’re usually prepared by removing the meat from the shell and sautéing it, lightly poaching the whole thing in court-bouillon, or by slicing the entire langoustine in half and cooking it quickly cut-side-down on a hot grill.
- Weight indicated is the minimum what you will receive
How To Defrost Langoustines
To safely thaw langoustines, place the langoustines in the refrigerator overnight so it can thaw out gradually.
This is the best way to preserve the langoustines flavor and texture.
- Langoustines need roasting or boiled in well-salted water before being pulled from their shells.
- They are delicious served with just a squeeze of lemon and a dollop of mayonnaise, garlic butter or aïoli, but can also be added to curry, pasta and paella.
- Alternatively, deep-fry them in batter, or peel and poach them and make traditional Scampi Provençal.
- Pre-boiled langoustines should be reheated gently; don’t re-cook them or they’ll toughen.
- Alternatively, eat pre-boiled langoustines cold in a salad with a vinegar dressing