|How to Store
Lemon Sole Whole Fish Gutted ~ 300g
Lemon Sole is an excellent source of protein and is low in fat and saturated fat so it is suitable for anyone who is watching their cholesterol.
We maintain a temperature controlled cold chain to ensure our products maintain product quality from time of manufacture to your doorstep.
Product images are for illustrative purposes only.
Actual products may be differ in size due to cutting.
The difference between Dover Sole and Lemon Sole is often asked about.
While both of these species are flatfish, they come from entirely different families.
Dover sole is a true sole, but lemon sole is actually a righteye flounder, more closely related to the halibut.
They both have white flesh, but Dover Sole is a lot firmer, with a stronger flavour.
It is an excellent source of B12 which is needed for healthy blood and B3 (niacin) which is needed for healthy skin and to help fight fatigue.
- Fish comes guttered
- All cuts come with skin on
- Weight includes bones
- Weight indicated is the minimum what you will receive
How To Defrost Lemon Sole
To safely thaw frozen fish, place the fish in the refrigerator overnight so it can thaw out gradually. This is the best way to preserve the fish’s flavor and texture.
- Place fillets on the baking dish, brush with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with lemon slices and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake until it’s just opaque and flesh flakes when cut into with a fork, about 10-15 minutes