|How to Store|
Plaice – Whole Fillet Skin Off & Boneless ~ 250g
Plaice is a flat fish with a very sweet and mild flavour.
Served battered, this fish goes well with tartare sauce, a squeeze of lemon and some fries.
We maintain a temperature controlled cold chain to ensure our products maintain product quality from time of manufacture to your doorstep.
Plaice can be easily identified by its distinctive orange spots, which also give an indication of the freshness.
A general rule is that the brighter the spots, the fresher the plaice.
It has as pronounced flavor as lemon sole, but it takes sauces and other flavors very well, and is great for battering.
- Fillet contains less or no bones
- All cuts come with skin off
- Weight includes bones
- Weight indicated is the minimum what you will receive
How To Defrost Plaice
To safely thaw frozen fish, place the fish in the refrigerator overnight so it can thaw out gradually. This is the best way to preserve the fish’s flavor and texture.
Keep It Simple
- Plaice is very often breadcrumbed and either shallow or deep-fried.
Its thin fillets and delicate flesh means quick cooking methods such as frying are perfect.
- Try cutting into strips before breadcrumbing as a tasty snack, or for a healthier option try baking or grilling the fish.
- Simply season with a little salt and brush with olive oil before placing under a hot grill for few minutes or in a hot oven on a lined baking tray.
- You could also try cooking a whole plaice for an impressive dinner for two – smother with butter and lemon juice and simply roast in the oven until a knife goes easily through the flesh to the bone.