|How to Store|
Weight : around 600g-700g, Whole fish, Cleaned and Gutted, Origin : Malaysia
Red Snapper is a highly versatile fish which can be steamed, grilled, broiled, baked, sautéed and poached.
Our frozen Red Snapper is farmed in Malaysia.
Red Snapper has a lean, firm and moist texture with delicate and white flesh.
Due to its succulent, mildly sweet and fresh taste, it makes red snapper adaptable to many flavour components from mild to intense seasoning.
Just a little creativity in your recipe is enough to make this fish the most delectable dish on the table.
All you need is just a little condiments to provide you with satisfaction.
- Frozen Product
- Farmed in Malaysia
- Weight indicated is the minimum what you will receive
Steamed Whole Red Snapper
One whole 3-pound red snapper, cleaned and scaled
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 scallions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
1 tablespoon canola oil, plus more for rubbing
1. Choose one of the flavor combinations and chop all of the ingredients except the oil together with a large pinch of salt. Transfer the paste to a small bowl and stir in the oil.
2. Make 5 parallel 3-inch-long slashes on each side of the snapper, slicing almost through to the bone.
3. Lightly season the fish with salt and fill the slashes with the paste. Rub the fish all over with canola oil.
4. Preheat the oven to 425°. Set the fish on a sheet of heavy-duty foil and set another sheet on top; fold up 3 of the sides. Add 1 tablespoon of water to the packet and seal completely.
5. Transfer the fish to a rimmed baking sheet and steam in the oven for 30 minutes, until the flesh just flakes.
6. Lift the fillets off the bones and serve.