|How to Store|
Frozen Whole Fish, 300g/pack, 90-120g/pc, Origin : United Kingdom (Produced in Portugal)
Sardines are high in protein and have an optimal balance of Omega-3’s.
The combination of these two essential nutrients is ideal for providing fullness and long-lasting energy!
We maintain a temperature controlled cold chain to ensure our products maintain product quality from time of manufacture to your doorstep.
Whether grilled, fried, broiled, or baked, we guarantee that these little, oily fish can satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.
Don’t let canned sardines deter you – frozen sardines will have you singing a different tune.
Before cooking, it is important to prepare your sardines by scaling and rinsing them in cold running water.
- Frozen Whole Fish
- No gutted and Scale On
- Weight indicated is the minimum what you will receive
How To Defrost Frozen Sardines
To safely thaw frozen fish, place the fish in the refrigerator overnight so it can thaw out gradually.
This is the best way to preserve the fish’s flavor and texture.
SARDINES BAKED IN THE OVEN
SERVINGS 4 SERVINGS
8 large sardines or 12 smaller sardines, cleaned
1 lemon, sliced
1 red chilli (chili), thinly sliced
4 garlic gloves, crushed but not skinned
10 sprigs of oregano
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
HOW TO PREPARE
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F/ Gas Mark 6
2. With a sharp knife, cut diagonal slashes 2 cm/ ¾ inch apart in the flesh of the sardines on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Grease a roasting pan with olive oil and lay the sardines on it, side by side.
4. Scatter over the lemon slices, red chilli (chile) slices, garlic and most of the oregano, reserving a few springs for garnish.
5. Drizzle 4 tablespoons of olive oil over the sardines and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. To check if the sardines are cooked, press the flesh gently and it should come away from the bones easily.
6. Served garnished with the reserved oregano sprigs.