|How to Store|
Yellowfin Sole Fillet Skinless
Skinless, 350g/pack, 3-4pcs per pack, 80-120g/pc, Vacuum Packed
Yellowfin Sole is a lean and flaky whitefish with a very mild flavor.
It easily acquires flavor during preparation lending itself to the use of sauces and seasonings.
We maintain a temperature controlled cold chain to ensure our products maintain product quality from time of manufacture to your doorstep.
Product images are for illustrative purposes only.
Actual products may be differ in size due to cutting.
MORE ABOUT YELLOWFIN SOLE
The Yellowfin Sole has a distinctive flat shape with both eyes on one side of the head.
Its flatness and color mutability enable it to easily camouflage itself along the soft muddy and sandy bottoms where it lives in shallow waters.
It grows up to 2 feet (61 cm) in length and has been reported to live up to 12 years.
Yellowfin Sole are found in the western North Atlantic, from southern Labrador to Chesapeake Bay.
The main sources of yellowtail flounder are Canada and the United States.
Yellowfin Sole come from marine fisheries, not fish farms. They are primarily caught with bottom trawls.
Additional types of fishing gear include gillnets and dredges.
- Fillet contains less or no bones
- All cuts come with skin off
- Weight includes bones
- Weight indicated is the minimum what you will receive
How To Defrost Yellowfin Sole Fillet
To safely thaw frozen fish, place the fish in the refrigerator overnight so it can thaw out gradually. This is the best way to preserve the fish’s flavor and texture.
Keep It Simple
- Yellowfin Sole is very often breadcrumbed and either shallow or deep-fried.
Its thin fillets and delicate flesh means quick cooking methods such as frying are perfect.
- Try cutting into strips before breadcrumbing as a tasty snack, or for a healthier option try baking or grilling the fish.
- Simply season with a little salt and brush with olive oil before placing under a hot grill for few minutes or in a hot oven on a lined baking tray.
- You could also try cooking a whole plaice for an impressive dinner for two – smother with butter and lemon juice and simply roast in the oven until a knife goes easily through the flesh to the bone.